THE VOLKSWAGEN PERFEKT TRIP TO GERMANY CONTEST (the “Contest”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Contest Rules”)
1. Contest Period & Contest Organizer
This Contest is held by Volkswagen Group Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizer”) and runs from 10:00 a.m. ET on May 1, 2019 until 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence, with the exception of the Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, Volkswagen dealers, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, their respective employees, representatives, agents, partners, shareholders, officers and directors, members of their immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not).
3. How to Enter
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED.
To enter the Contest:
- purchase or lease any new and unregistered 2019 Volkswagen vehicle at a participating VW dealership and then sign in or register online for free at 2019perfekttrip.volkswagenplus.ca during the Contest Period to receive one (1) entry in the Contest;
- visit 2019perfekttrip.volkswagenplus.ca to download the entry form. Complete the entry form and mail it to the address indicated on the form to receive one (1) entry in the Contest. Mail-in entries must be received by the Contest Organizer no later than the end of the Contest Period.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, for the duration of the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
5. Prize Description
There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won, consisting of a two (2) night trip to Wolfsburg, Germany for the winner and a guest. The Grand Prize consists of:
- round-trip economy-class air transportation for the winner and his/her guest (leaving together from the same gateway) from a Canadian international airport closest to the winner’s residence to Wolfsburg, Germany;
- two (2) nights' hotel accommodation in Wolfsburg, at a hotel to be selected by the Contest Organizer in its sole discretion, for the winner and his/her guest based on double occupancy;
- Autostadt tours for two (2) people; and
- five hundred Canadian dollars (CAD$500.00) spending money.
The prize has an approximate retail value of $7,000.00 based on a Toronto, Ontario departure.
Grand Prize Conditions
- The winner and his/her guest must be available to travel together on the dates scheduled by the Contest Organizer (expected to be sometime in March 2020 but subject to change). Should the winner and his/her guest be unable to travel on the scheduled date, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, or cancelled, at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion. It is the winner and guest’s sole responsibility to ensure that each has all required travel documentation, including a valid passport.
- All fees and expenses other than those expressly described as being part of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or his/her guest, including transportation to and from their residence(s) and the Canadian international airport, ground transportation in Wolfsburg, meals, beverages, telephone calls, in-room charges, hotel services, personal insurance, gratuities, taxes and tips, incidentals, personal expenses and additional spending money.
- The winner’s guest must comply with these Official Rules and sign and return the Liability/Publicity Release (described below).
- The arrangements related to the trip must be made by the Contest winner with the representative appointed by the Contest Organizer within the time prescribed by the Contest Organizer. No changes will be accepted once the arrangements have been completed and if the winner and/or guest are not able to travel after booking, no re-booking will be granted and the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The winner must respect and comply with the terms and conditions of the prize suppliers (e.g. airline, hotel, etc.). The Contest Organizer does not assume responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled trips/events after ticketing of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
6. Odds of Winning Prizes
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7. Selection of Winners
- On or about June 19, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, ON at approximately 12 p.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Contest Rules as the potential winner of the Grand Prize.
- The Contest Organizer or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the selected entrant within five (5) business days of the Draw Date by phone or email. Before being declared a confirmed winner, each selected entrant must, (i) correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question; (ii) confirm acceptance of the terms of the Declaration and Liability Release that the Contest Organizer will provide within ten (10) business days of receipt.
- If the selected entrant: cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the Draw Date (as applicable), fails to meet any condition set forth in the Contest Rules, refuses the Grand Prize, incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, or fails to accept the terms of the Declaration and Liability Release within the allotted time, or is found otherwise ineligible, he/she will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize. In such a case, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Contest Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
- The Grand Prize winner will be contacted to make travel arrangements within thirty (30) days of being confirmed as a winner.
8. Prize Conditions
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by the Contest Organizer in its sole and absolute discretion). The Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component thereof with an item or items of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at the Contest Organizer’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. The winner is not entitled to the monetary difference between the actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any.
9. General Conditions
- The Contest Organizer, their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, Volkswagen dealers, their respective employees, representatives, agents, partners, shareholders, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), shall not be held liable with respect to any postal delays (whosever caused), the malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line, with respect to the loss or lack of network communication, or any faulty, incomplete, or incomprehensible transmission or transmission deleted by any computer or network which could limit or prevent any person from entering the Contest. The Released Parties shall in addition not be held liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Web page, software, etc., or by the transmission of any information related to the participation in the Contest.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any responsibility regarding bodily harm, loss or any damages whatsoever, caused by their participation or their attempt to participate in the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize.
- Subject to what is otherwise provided in these Contest Rules, any decision by the Contest Organizer or their representatives is final and without appeal. Entrants agree to respect the eligibility criteria and Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants attest to having read and accepted these Contest Rules.
- Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of this Contest will be used solely for the administering of this Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and void where prohibited. Subject to what is provided hereafter for Quebec residents, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Contest Organizers in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- By entering this Contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and their representatives, to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, likeness, place of residence, voice and/or statements regarding his/her prize for advertising purposes, without any compensation or notice whatsoever.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a person or to cancel the entry of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants. Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of the Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant’s entry and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right at all times at its sole discretion, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the case of Quebec residents, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Organizer that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause.
- In no event shall the Contest Organizer, their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of material and services related to this Contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives be required to award more prizes than the number of prizes indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the purchaser or the person indicated on the entry form. It is this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entry, and/or entrant with these Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Organizer, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules, or for any other reason.